❝Early childhood development and education are key determinants of future health and well-being.❞
- U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
Early Childhood Learning Center
There is a critical deficit in childcare availability in our community.
The number of children under the age of six with all parents in the workforce has increased significantly in the past two decades, especially in Alamosa, Costilla and Rio Grande Counties.
We hope to change that with the first of step in creating a new era in early childhood learning in the San Luis Valley.
❝I have a 15-month old, I have definitely missed work for, not having child care. I work night shift and mypartner works in the daytime. I have been trying to find child care that works for me without success.❞ - SLV Parent
• Create more Childcare Openings for families in the Alamosa Community.
• Provide jobs for Early Childhood Education professionals in the Valley.
• Develop Career Pathways to enhance childcare in the San Luis Valley.
• Act as a model for the development of facilities across the valley.
This state-of-the-art child care facility will be built on the BGCSLV campus to serve up to 160 children, ages 0-3. The design features 17,608 sq. ft. including Flex Space for dynamic learning needs, and observation rooms for immersive student teaching experiences and caregiver monitoring that doesn't disrupt the learning environment. When open, the child care center will create a minimum of 40 jobs earning a livable wage.